Fall, winter and spring are the season of colds, first signs of which are sneezing and coughing, and if no proper attention, and does in many cases result in different complications. In this article we consider the basic rules of effective protection from SARS and ARI.
ARD (acute respiratory disease) group of respiratory diseases of an infectious nature, infection which occurs through airborne droplets.
ARVI (acute respiratory viral infection) – respiratory disease, which is caused by the ingestion of airborne droplets of virus infection.
SARS is in the group of acute respiratory diseases, or so-called in the people – colds.
The diagnosis of ARI is put in the case when the nature of catarrhal diseases (infection) is definitely not installed, and is awaiting more testing to do, so sometimes after a diagnosis of ARI, after a time, after a thorough examination of the patient, it can change at SARS, if the cause of the disease is a viral infection.
Among the most frequent causative agents of colds are viruses influenza and parainfluenza, rhinoviruses, adenoviruses, Staphylococcus, Streptococcus, pneumococcus, Mycoplasma, and other types of infection.
How do people become infected with cold?
To know better about the rules of prevention of respiratory diseases, you need to know how is the infection of SARS and ARI.
Imagine that in the air constantly flying various microscopic particles, including various infection – viruses, bacteria, fungi. In some places their small number, but in some, especially in closed and poorly ventilated spaces, or where large concentrations of people, the infection much more. Even more present in places where already present them to the media – sick person. When a person breathes in these infectious microorganisms are deposited in his early upper respiratory tract – nasal cavity or throat.
If the person is breathing by nose, in contact it infection, the immune system is strengthened if it immediately turns on its defense mechanisms. Linking is produced by the infection a secret (moisture), and then, the person starts sneezing. Sneeze literally pushing the secret associated infection out. Cough is also used for excretion of pathological microorganisms. If some particles after sneezing or coughing left, then the body produces antibodies that continue to fight the infection.
If the first protective measures did not fully rid the body from infection, the struggle continues – the body temperature rises, which “burns” the infection in the body. Therefore, if the temperature rises above 38,5 °C in adults and +38 °C in children, it is not necessary to shoot down, because at this time the body fights infection, and produces it at later times the resistance.
Of course, sneezing better coughing so breathing, especially in cold and flu season, preferably in the nose, so infections are more difficult to get inside the body.
The first signs and symptoms of colds
- The first signs and symptoms zabolevaniyami colds and cough;
- Runny nose (rhinitis);
- The increase in body temperature, feeling of heat in the body, chills;
- Redness of the eyes;
- General malaise;
- Pain in muscles and joints;
- Lack of appetite, nausea;
- Swollen lymph nodes.
To avoid SARS and acute respiratory infections must adhere to the following rules.
Prevention of SARS and respiratory diseases. Effective protection
Prevention of ARI and ARI includes the following recommendations:
- Always breathe by nose;
- If Your district has announced the epidemic, wear a protective mask;
- Observe rules of personal hygiene – after street be sure to wash your hands at work only use personal utensils;
- In the season of cold rinse after the street the nasal cavity, which can be used or a special lapping tools from pharmacies or weak soda or salt solution;
- Keep an active lifestyle, move more;
- Avoid places of the big congestion of people – if you want to ride a couple of stops by public transport, walk their walk, it will be You and the movement, and at the same time minimizing the stay in places with a large density in the air infections;
- Often ventilate living and working space;
- Make the house wet cleaning at least 2 times a week;
- Strengthen your immune system – eat food enriched with vitamins and trace elements, especially focus on vitamin C, which stimulates the immune system;
- In the season of cold autumn, winter and spring additionally take vitamin complexes;
- Focus on periodic use of natural antibiotics (garlic, onion);
- Prevent hypothermia;
- Do not use without a prescription without needed medications because many of them, especially antibiotics weaken the immune system;
- Do not let things slide chronic disease and treat them;
- If there are no contraindications, tempered;
- Refrain from Smoking, consumption of alcoholic beverages;
- Avoid stress, because a stressful situation weaken the immune system;
- If the patient has acute respiratory disease, or SARS, separate a separate dining items, bed linen and towels, until he recovers.
- And of course, always before leaving, ask the Lord to protect It from all infections and other problems, it is the most effective defence against any disease!
And if so happened that You still have a fever, then contact your physician for necessary medical care!